Flat Bush

(09) 274 8279 20 Flat Bush Rd Otara, Auckland

Term 4: Week 6 - Room 17 Class Photo - DIFFERENT THEMES

REGULAR PHOTO
THANKSGIVING
FALL
FAIRY TALES
SUMMER
TRAVEL
DINOSAURS
SPACE
GRADUATION
OLD WEST

DMIC PROBLEM WEEK 5: - CHRIS MAPUSUA

Tom’s dad works at a factory and earns $15.75 an hour. If he works for 38 hours, what is his gross pay?

Great work, you have used place value to solve some problems. - 

Ms. Aneru

DMIC PROBLEM WEEK 5:

The power of distraction - Chris Mapusua

Each day I am distracted by the noises flowing all around me, from the things my family say to the things they do. Living with them is like living with a bunch of wild animals. On one side of the house I could hear the sound of spoons clinking and dishes rattling as mum washes and puts them away. On the other side, I could see some of my siblings stomping and chasing after each other while the others sang aloud. Then my Mum’s alarm rings, telling me “it’s class time”, so I quickly finish my food and scuttle up the stairs. 

As I am sitting in my room focusing on my class, my sister opens the door and I instantly get distracted by her as well as the sound of the door creaking. I try to stay focused yet again I am distracted by my sister’s silly little chuckles. She starts sharing little stories about our family while making impressions of them with silly expressions on her face, making me laugh and drawing my attention away from class. When I realized that I had been distracted, I turned away from my sister and tried to stay focused again. That lasted a while, until the rich scent of koko Samoa entered my room, pulling my mind away from class again. Just imagining myself taking a slight sip of it, I could almost feel it’s sweet and chocolaty taste in my mouth. Finally, a puff of wind had blown the smell away and my head was back where it ought to be.

Akanesi´s short story - The power of distraction.

On a bright Tuesday the sun was shining into my room as I woke up looking at the bright blue sky as I hopped out of my bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My mum called me for breakfast as I finished brushing my teeth, I walked into my mum making pancakes! They smelt so great with maple syrup I tasted it like I was in pancake heaven. I finished eating and ran to sign into my chrome for the google meet with Ms Young.

As I signed I wanted to get dressed into my outfit, laying on the bed that my mum picked. I could hear birds singing outside so I decided to go and feed them some bread. After watching the birds and feeding them, I went to see Ms Young and Eco,Darrel,Myra and Zikra were attending the google meet. We were learning about Parihaka, a very sad story. As we finished the google meet I learnt from the story Parihaka that when Maori people greet other people they place white feathers on their heads to show that they are respectful to others. 

Room 17 Week 5.docx

REMEMBER TO SHARE YOUR LEARNING!!!

Problem 7, 8, 9.docx.pdf

DMIC

Chris Mapusua

Botanic Trip Transport IssuesBus Sekolah, Bus, Mobil,

Flatbush went on a trip to the Botanic Garden for Maori Language Week.  The school hired a bus to transport the children, plus the school van which Whaea Julie drove.

65 students travelled to the Botanic gardens.   of the children travelled with Whaea Julie in the van.  How many students went with Whaea Julie?  How many students travelled in the bus? 

65 ÷ 5 = 13

13 x 1 = 13 (the amount of students travelled with Whaea Julie)

65 - 13 = 52 (the amount of students travelled in the bus)

108 students travelled to the Botanic gardens.  / of the children travelled with Whaea Julie in the van.  How many students went with Whaea Julie?  How many students travelled in the bus?

108 ÷ 9 = 12 

12 x 4 = 48 (the amount of students travelled in the van)

108 - 48 = 60 (the amount of students travelled in the bus)

288 students travelled to the Botanic gardens.  /₁₂ of the children travelled with Whaea Julie in the van.  How many students went with Whaea Julie?  How many students travelled in the bus?

288 ÷ 12 = 24

24 x 4 = 96 (the amount of students travelled in the van)

288 - 96 =  192 (the amount of students travelled in the bus)

ECO SEIK